FIRST OFFICIAL APB EVENT COMMING
Lausanne, Switzerland, April 7, 2014 - The International Boxing Association (AIBA) is delighted to announce that it has now set the date of the historic very first AIBA Pro Boxing (APB) Event to the Friday October 24, 2014.
Following various discussions with AIBA Executive Committee Members, APB Executive Board Members and AIBA National Member Federations, as well as with potential media and commercial partners, it became clear that this date was the best to launch this revolutionary new competition program of AIBA.
Consequently, some boxers which have committed to join APB remain eligible for certain upcoming AIBA Open Boxing (AOB) competitions such as the Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games until the APB registration’ deadline has passed.
The schedule of the maiden Cycle of APB is as follows:
- APB World Pre-Ranking Competitions, round 1: October 24-26
- APB World Pre-Ranking Competitions, round 2: November 20-23
- APB World Ranking Competitions: December 18-21
- Inaugural World APB Champion Title Matches: January 22-25, 2015 and January 29-February 1, 2015
Full details of each event will be revealed closer to those dates.
- As AIBA President and on behalf of the entire boxing community, I am extremely happy that we have now set another milestone in the development of our beloved sport - stated AIBA President Dr Ching-Kuo Wu. - APB aims at bringing boxing back to a mainstream position in the world of sports by taking into account the needs of its fans. As of October 2014, only the very best boxers on the planet will compete against each other in a merit based and comprehensive ranking system, with transparent and fair judging. APB is an absolute revolution and it will soon crown the only undisputable World Champions.